Wednesday, November 25, 2009
The Plague
Aaaahhhh! Our house has been struck with disease. Strep Throat, that is. Mommy was diagnosed first. (And I will say, now I know why children usually get strep, because it is MISERABLE as an adult.) Daddy had the last of his CPA exams, so he got put on antibiotics, too. Mommy tried to stay away from Catherine for two days, but let's face it, that is kind of impossible. We called the Pediatrician office just to see if they would be open on the holiday weekend for if/when Catherine got sick. The nurse said to come on in Wednesday afternoon, and we did. Catherine looked great, and was all coos and smiles, but since we were there the pediatrician humored mommy with a strep test anyway...and it was positive. Apparently it is really rare for infants to get strep, and when they do, it usually presents as a snotty nose--who knew. Pediatrician's quote, "if she is this happy and content when she's sick, you must normally have the happiest baby in the world!" I totally agree. Everyone is now on the mend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment