Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Nursery Time

Jim and I broke one of our cardinal rules when Andrew came home from the hospital--we allowed him to sleep in our room.  In my defense, I just had a C-section and wasn't feeling up to climbing stairs umpteen times each day for naps and nursing.  Additionally, the nursery wasn't entirely complete, thanks to Andrew's surprise arrival.  These miserable sleeping arrangements have lasted all of 2 weeks.  This morning, Andrew took his first nap in his new room.  I think he looks pretty happy there.  He'd better be happy because he'll be sleeping there tonight, and every other night, too.

And these are his new digs...

Highlights of my favorite things...

I LOVE this painting.  I had a watercolor of my name with some baby animals and princess fairies in my nursery.  I was fortunate enough that my friend Laura's mom painted a similar one with flowers and fairies for Catherine.  What was I to do for Andrew?  Well, thanks to this trusty thing called the internet, I found a woman in Great Britain who I commissioned to paint a little boy watercolor.  She had her husband post it from Andrew in Birmingham, England to Andrew in Birmingham, Alabama...how cool is that?!?!

I really didn't want a "theme" in Andrew's room.  (Catherine didn't have a theme, either.)  But, I kept looking at airplane stuff.  So, we ended up with them on the walls and just about everywhere else.  Granddad helped assemble the ceiling mobile.  It started off as four cheap wood models that were missing parts, but with a little glue, paint, popsicle sticks and fishing line, we ended up with an awesome piece of art.

As I said, I maybe took the whole airplane theme a bit to far.  But, I love the lamp and nightlight I found, too.

I think he'll be comfortable for several years in here!



No comments:

Post a Comment