Hooray for Santa! We were all prepared for our visit with the Big Man this year. For two days, Catherine had practiced, "Hi, Santa! I'm Catherine. I'm two. I want a baby doll for Christmas." She was bubbly and excited in line. Then, when we were 3 kids from the front, I heard, "Mommy, I don't want to be here any more. I don't want to talk to Santa. Can we please go home?" Really?!? Thankfully, all it took was pointing out the LARGE Santa-bag full of candy canes sitting next to the Jolly Guy. She saw the 2 children before us get their treat after posing for a picture, and she quickly changed her tune to, "OK, Mommy, I can do it." She hopped on his lap and smiled real big, and she had the candy cane totally consumed before we had even paid for the pictures. In the car, she then got upset that she forgot to tell her name and what she wanted. I told her we'd write a letter when we got home. Sweet girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment