Monday, March 19, 2012

HE'S HERE!

We joyfully announce the arrival of
Andrew Wells Driscoll
born March 19, 2012
at 12:50 pm
weighing 8 lb 5 oz
measuring 21 inches long

Well, we weren't quite expecting him to be here quite yet.  My scheduled C-Section is in 2 1/2 weeks!  Andrew had other plans...I guess he is always going to be keeping me on my toes.  Last night at 2:45 a.m., my water broke!  Gigi was kind enough to come racing to the house to care for Catherine so we could head to the hospital to have a baby.  We didn't have bags packed! 

Here is the last picture of me pregnant.  We had planned to take a nice one in the completed nursery sometime this week...oops.

I tried to labor for a few hours, but labor with Catherine was completely unsuccessful, so I don't know why I thought this would be any different.  Andrew was destined to arrive via C-section as well.  

Here is Dodd...he was my anesthesiologist...he has also been my close friend for the past 12 years.  In fact, he was at the house just yesterday drafting for fantasy baseball with Jim.  How cool was it that he was on call when I was in labor?!?

At about 12:30 p.m. it was our turn to roll to the OR to meet Andrew.  We are SO HAPPY to have him complete our family.  

Eager Mom

Big guy! I guess I'm lucky that he didn't hold out another 2 1/2 weeks...think how big he would have been then!

Footprints

The downside of C-sections...Dad gets to hold the baby first!

Finally, Mommy and son together.

First bath--he sure didn't like it.  And boy, can he turn red! 

Don't these two handsome guys look good together?!?

SUPER excited Big Sister

Ahhh, love

Grandmom and Granddad came.

And Gigi, too.

Welcome to the world, Sweet Andrew! We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment