Thursday, May 12, 2011
It's Potty Time
We started the seemingly overwhelming task of potty training around here on Monday. No books and no movies (I was woefully under-prepared,) just Gigi saying we are going to put Catherine in panties and set her on the potty frequently. I was skeptical, but on board. Catherine has been giving us all of the "readiness signs" for quite a while, and even her Mother's Day Out teachers thought she was ready. I had been waiting for the move, and then for school to get out, and then for the trip for the beach, etc., etc. Excuses, excuses. The first three days were rough. I was asking for tips and suggestions from all of my mom friends at work. Potty training was all-consuming. Then, this evening, while I was working on call, Gigi sent me a text message that said, "She did it! Catherine just pee-peed in the potty! She is so proud of herself!" A picture followed, but I won't post it here--Catherine wouldn't be too pleased with me when she's older. Just take my word that she looked very excited and proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment