Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornadoes

In case you have been living under a rock, Birmingham was hit with several rounds of serious storms yesterday. The worst--the devastating EF-5 tornado that leveled part of Tuscaloosa--went through yesterday evening and tracked north and west of us, so we were thankfully spared. We did, however, have an EF-2 come within a few blocks of the house Wednesday morning at 6:00. The house fared well. I can't say as much for about a dozen trees in our back yard. Many of our neighbors had it worse, however (trees on cars, trees on houses, etc), so we are very thankful. We rode it out in our basement (hooray new house for having a basement!), then as I attempted to drive through the debris to work, Jim stayed home to start cleaning up the mess. He had a little helper! Thanks for all the emails and calls from worried friends and family.



Trees down in our back yard...they are all in a line. Kind of makes you wonder if we had some sort of down-burst/side-funnel/straight-line wind or something.


Big tree uprooted and now in the neighbor's sunroom. I wish I had made Catherine stand next to the root ball for comparison--it was BIG.


Daddy's little helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment