Feb 2009
We love you, Catherine!
Funny story from today...the party is going to be tomorrow, so we knew today was going to be sort of low key. She was supposed to have a party with cupcakes at school today, but we had lots of sleet and ice yesterday, so Catherine's Mother's Day Out was closed today. Jim and I got home from work late, so we had no dinner prepared. This was turning into a REAL low-key birthday. We asked Catherine what she wanted for her birthday dinner, fully expecting her to say, "Pizza!" I mean, pizza is her favorite meal right now, so of course she should say, "Pizza." Instead she looked straight at me and said, "Waffle and eggs!" "Really?!?" I asked, "Those are breakfast foods, Catherine. What do you want for dinner?" She again replied, "Waffle and eggs." So, we got in the car, and drove to the IHOP for a waffle (actually a pancake), bacon, and eggs. And, she loved it!

No comments:
Post a Comment