Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow...ummm...ICE day

All of us were home today for an ICE day. It wasn't as bad as predicted, but still too much to attempt to drive in...especially down the big hill in front of our neighborhood. We tried to make the best of it. Catherine REALLY wanted to play in the snow. It was so hard trying to explain that it was ice and wasn't like the snow we had a few weeks ago. Late morning, we decided to take a walk to the front of the neighborhood to see if I would be able to make it in to the hospital later in the day or tomorrow. As soon as the garage door opened, Catherine took off running for the snow, and though I tried, I couldn't stop her before she hit the sheet of ice on the driveway and fell right on her bottom. Poor thing! I hope it didn't ruin future snow for her.

Better mode of transportation for the ice than C's feet...the new BOB

Since playing outside wasn't a good option, we made cupcakes instead. Catherine is an excellent baking assistant!
"Which color do you want first, Catherine?" "GREEN!" (Which is so funny since purple is so clearly the favorite color these days.)
Master Cupcake Decorator


Too bad the ice melted just enough that I have to go to work tomorrow. I wouldn't mind having a day like this all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment