Today we went for our 4D super-high-tech ultrasound of the baby...currently being affectionately referred to as "The Champ". We have a live-action DVD about 25-30 minutes long, in which you can see her kick and play and push at us, but it was way too large o
f a file to post. Jim and I are not tech-savvy enough to freeze the images from the DVD, so I have just scanned some of the 30+ paper images they printed for us. The quality isn't quite as good, but you'll get the gist. (Oh, we got another very clear picture, and the Champ is definitely a girl!!)
I was on call the night before this picture was taken, so ignore the dark circles , please. Here's a sneak peak of what my 30-week pregnant belly looks like. Can I possible get any bigger?!?! I guess I shouldn't ask that, because of course I can--we've got 10 more weeks to go!
When we first got to the office, our little one was once again camera shy (remember how hard it was to determine her gender!). She wanted to keep her hands up in front of her face and push the ultrasound probe out of the way....she was playing peek-a-boo with us. Here is one of the first glimpses we got:

I was on call the night before this picture was taken, so ignore the dark circles , please. Here's a sneak peak of what my 30-week pregnant belly looks like. Can I possible get any bigger?!?! I guess I shouldn't ask that, because of course I can--we've got 10 more weeks to go!
When we first got to the office, our little one was once again camera shy (remember how hard it was to determine her gender!). She wanted to keep her hands up in front of her face and push the ultrasound probe out of the way....she was playing peek-a-boo with us. Here is one of the first glimpses we got:

The ultrasonographer kept trying to encourage her to move, and at first she just got grumpy (furrowed brow, pouty lips and all):
Then she actually stuck her tongue out at us:
Jim very kindly started pleading with my stomach to smile, and she obeyed...Yeah Champ!
She quickly grew tired of these tricks; after all, she had been up on call all night last night, too. So, she soon fell back into a contented sleep. Those arms and hands stayed up hear her head the whole time!
That's our Champ!! The ultrasonographer said that the picture distorts some of the anatomy--the nose isn't likely to be quite that big, the eyes aren't always closed, and there is fat and tissue on her arms (in fact, they are already quite chubby) despite their bony appearance in some pictures. Jim thinks she looks like me--esp. the grumpy expressions. I, however, can pull some photos out of his baby album that are strikingly similar as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!!!
Thanks to all of you for your love and support, and we'll talk to you soon!
Elizabeth and Jim
Then she actually stuck her tongue out at us:
Jim very kindly started pleading with my stomach to smile, and she obeyed...Yeah Champ!
She quickly grew tired of these tricks; after all, she had been up on call all night last night, too. So, she soon fell back into a contented sleep. Those arms and hands stayed up hear her head the whole time!
That's our Champ!! The ultrasonographer said that the picture distorts some of the anatomy--the nose isn't likely to be quite that big, the eyes aren't always closed, and there is fat and tissue on her arms (in fact, they are already quite chubby) despite their bony appearance in some pictures. Jim thinks she looks like me--esp. the grumpy expressions. I, however, can pull some photos out of his baby album that are strikingly similar as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!!!Thanks to all of you for your love and support, and we'll talk to you soon!
Elizabeth and Jim
No comments:
Post a Comment